Freedom rider diary : smuggled notes from Parchman Prison / Carol Ruth Silver
- Silver, Carol Ruth
- Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 188 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Raymond Arsenault -- New York -- Traveling south -- The crime -- Justice -- Hinds County Jail -- The boys go to Parchman -- Maximum security unit -- Parchman continued -- Out! -- And off -- And back -- Events -- "Comes now the defendant ..." -- Afterword / Cherie A. Gaines -- Claude Albert Liggins, freedom rider -- Autobiographical notes / Carol Ruth Silver -- Chapter notes -- Suggested additional readings and documentary films.
- Silver, Carol Ruth—Diaries
- Freedom Rides, 1961—Diaries
- Women civil rights workers—United States—Diaries
- African Americans—Civil rights—Southern States—Diaries
- African American civil rights workers—Southern States
- Civil rights workers—Southern States—Diaries
- Civil rights movements—United States—History—20th century
- Southern States—Race relations
- 9781617038877 (cloth : alk. paper)
1617038873 (cloth : alk. paper)
- "Willie Morris Books in Memoir and Biography."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12553939