Ecology and religion / John Grim and Mary Evelyn Tucker
- Grim, John
- Washington : Island Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 265 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Tucker, Mary Evelyn
- Introduction. Our journey into religion and ecology -- Problems and promise of religions : limiting and liberating -- The nature of religious ecology : orienting, grounding, nurturing, transforming -- Religious ecology and views of nature in the West -- Ecology, conservation, and ethics -- Emergence of the field of religion and ecology -- Christianity as orienting to the cosmos -- Confucianism as grounding in community -- Indigenous traditions and the nurturing powers of nature -- Hinduism and the transforming affect of devotion -- Building on interreligious dialogue : toward a global ethics -- Epilogue. Challenges ahead : creating ecological cultures.
- 9781597267076 (cloth : alk. paper)
1597267074 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781597267083 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1597267082 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-258) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Benzak Foundation American Environmental History Collections Endowment at; 2013
- Endowment Note:
- Benzak Foundation American Environmental History Collections Endowment at the Penn State Libraries
View MARC record | catkey: 12554165