Entertaining children : the participation of youth in the entertainment industry / edited by Gillian Arrighi and Victor Emeljanow
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 251 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Arrighi, Gillian, editor and Emeljanow, Victor
- Terms of engagement. Musical education and the job market: the employment of children and young people in the Neapolitan music industry with particular reference to the period 1650 to 1806 / Rossella Del Prete -- An American antebellum child-actor contract: Alfred Stewart and the shift from craft apprentice to wage laborer / Shauna Vey -- Children and youth of the empire: tales of transgression and accommodation / Gillian Arrighi and Victor Emeljanow -- British child performers 1920-1940: new issues, old legacies / Dyan Colclough -- By children/for children -- "How much do you love me"? the child's obligations to the adult in 1930s Hollywood / Noel Brown -- Shifting screens: the child performer and her audience revisited in the digital age / Gilli Bush-Bailey -- The business of children in Disney's theatre / Ken Cerniglia and Lisa Mitchell -- Young mammals: the politics and aesthetics of long-term collaboration with children in mammalian diving reflex's the Torontonians / Broderick D.V. Chow and Darren O'Donnell -- Global perspectives.- The "little Legong dancers" of Bali: the rise of a child star in Indonesian dance theatre / Laura Noszlopy -- Child training and employment in Taiwanese opera 1940s-1960s: an overview / Shih-Ching H. Picucci -- Higher wages, less pain: the changing role of children in traditional Chinese theater / Mark Branner -- Defying death: children in the Indian circus / Jamie skidmore.
- 9781137305459 (alk. paper)
1137305452 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12554987