Augustine and Manichaean Christianity [electronic resource] : selected papers from the first South African Conference on Augustine of Hippo, University of Pretoria, 24-26 April 2012 / edited by Johannes van Oort
- Conference Author:
- South African Conference on Augustine of Hippo (1st : 2012 : University of Pretoria)
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 236 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Oort, J. van (Johannes)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- "Not to depart from Christ" : Augustine between "Manichaean" and "Catholic" Christianity / Biblical quotations in Faustus' Capitula / Augustine and Manichaean almsgiving : understanding a universal religion with exclusivist practices / Re-coding Manichaean imagery : the dramatic setting of Augustine's De ordine / Mani, Augustine and the vision of God / The few and the many : a motif of Augustine's controversy with the Manichaeans / A protreptic to a liminal Manichaean at the centre of Augustine's Confessions 4 / Augustine on "The true religion" : reflections of Manichaeism in De vera religione / God, memory and beauty : a "Manichaean" analysis of Augustine's Confessions, Book 10,1-38 / Manichaean self-designations in the Western tradition / The Manichaean bishop Faustus : the state of research after a century of scholarship / Jason David BeDuhn -- Jacob Albert van den Berg -- Majella Franzmann -- Theres Fuhrer -- Iain Gardner -- Andreas Hoffmann -- Annemaré Kotzé -- Josef Lössl -- Johannes van Oort -- Nils Arne Pedersen -- Gijs Martijn van Gaans.
9789004255067 (electronic book)
9789004254770 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004254773 (hardback : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12555517