Interpreting basic statistics : a guide and workbook based on excerpts from journal articles / Zealure C. Holcomb
- Holcomb, Zealure C.
- Glendale, CA : Pyrczak Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- 6th ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 192 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Adolescent substance abuse -- Nonsuicidal self-injury -- Estimated substance use -- Opiate addicts seeking treatment -- Supermarket express lane violations -- U.S. homicide rates -- Television viewing, books, and reading -- Reading improvement -- Monthly suicide rates -- Norms for a spelling test -- Counseling duration -- Injection drug users and HIV -- Adolescent physical abuse and suicide -- Mental health contact hours -- Cancer risk-reduction behaviors -- Asian values -- College students' alcohol knowledge -- Competitiveness and culture -- Problem behavior treatment -- Effects of exercise on mood -- Exercise and depression -- Foster parent training -- Measuring functional abilities of the elderly -- Child poverty and morality -- Correlates of depression --
Community violence and achievement -- Commitment and job performance -- Alcohol consumption and related variables -- Homeless adolescents -- Reliability of a rating scale -- Predictor of suicidality -- Predicting college GPA -- Dieting, age, and body fat -- Excerpts on sampling -- Treatment of depression and anxiety -- Social traits of hearing-impaired students -- Communication in relationships -- Ethnic identity of Koren Americans -- Perceptions of risky driving behaviors -- Bilingual friends -- Characteristics of new parents -- Increasing technology skills -- Summer Camp and self esteem -- Correlates of school attachment -- School-related variables -- Correlates of alcohol and tobacco use -- Mathematics anxiety rating scale --
A measure of prosocial tendencies -- Extracurricular activities and dropping out -- Race/ethnicity and self-esteem -- Effectiveness of a reading program -- Vocabulary improvement program -- Attitudes and beliefs about cigars -- Types of child abuse -- Grandparent roles -- Money management -- Self-employed Hispanic persons by gender -- Gender differences in drinking problems -- Personality disorders and substance use -- Duration of homelessness -- Fathers' values for their newborns -- Effectiveness of an AIDS prevention program.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2014
View MARC record | catkey: 12557017