Emilie Davis's Civil War : the diaries of a free Black woman in Philadelphia, 1863-1865 / edited by Judith Giesberg ; transcribed and annotated by the Memorable Days Project Editorial Team
- Davis, Emilie Frances, 1838-1899
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 211 pages : illustrations, maps, portraits ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Giesberg, Judith Ann, 1966- and Memorable Days Project Editorial Team
Full Text available online
- Machine generated contents note: 1863 -- 1864 -- 1865.
- "A transcription and annotation of the diary of Emilie Davis, a free African American woman who lived in Philadelphia during the Civil War"--Provided by publisher.
- Davis, Emilie Frances, 1838-1899—Diaries
- African American women—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia—Diaries
- African Americans—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia—History—19th century
- Philadelphia (Pa.)—History—Civil War, 1861-1865
- Philadelphia (Pa.)—Social conditions—19th century
- Philadelphia (Pa.)—Race relations—History—19th century
- 9780271063676 (cloth : alk. paper), 027106367X (cloth : alk. paper), 9780271063683 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0271063688 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12559623