Women redefining the experience of food insecurity : life off the edge of the table / edited by Janet Page-Reeves
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 323 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Page-Reeves, Janet
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Introduction -- Conceptualizing Food Insecurity and Women's Agency: A Synthetic Introduction / Janet Page-Reeves -- pt. II The Dimensionality of Food Insecurity -- 1.Another Time of Hunger / Teresa Mares -- 2.Women, Welfare and Food Insecurity / Maggie Dickinson -- 3.`I took the lemons and I made lemonade': Women's Quotidian Strategies and the Re-Contouring of Food Insecurity in a Hispanic Community in New Mexico / Vanessa Apodaca -- 4.Negotiating Food Security along the U.S.-Mexican Border: Social Strategies, Practice, and Networks among Mexican Immigrant Women / Lois Stanford -- pt. III Disparities in Access to Healthy Food -- 5.`La Lucha Diana?: Migrant Women in the Fight for Healthy Food / Megan Carney -- 6.Women's Knowledge and Experiences Obtaining Food in Low-Income Detroit Neighborhoods / Daniel J. Rose -- 7.Is the Cup Half Empty or Half Full? Economic Transition and Changing Ideas About Food Insecurity in Rural Costa Rica / Sara Arias-Steele -- pt. IV Women's Agency and Contested Practices -- 8.Salvadoran Immigrant Women and the Culinary Making of Gendered Identities: "Food Grooming" as a Class and Meaning-Making Process / Sharon Stowers -- 9.The Social Life of Coca-Cola in Southern Veracruz, Mexico: How Women Navigate Public Health Messages and Social Support through Drink / Mary Alice Scott -- 10.`Women not like they used to be': Food and Modernity in Rural Newfoundland / Lynne Phillips -- pt. V Empowerment and Challenging the System -- 11.Labor and Leadership: Women in U.S. Community Food Organizing / LaDonna Redmond -- 12.`I would have never ': A Critical Examination of Women's Agency for Food Security Through Participatory Action Research / Patricia L. Williams.
- 9780739185261 (cloth : alk. paper)
0739185268 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2014
View MARC record | catkey: 12560058