Rule-of-law tools for post-conflict states : reparations programmes / Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Additional Titles:
- Reparations programmes
- New York : United Nations, 2008. and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 41 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- United Nations. Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- HeinOnline United Nations law collection
- Reparations in international law -- The context of reparations -- The challenges faced by reparations programmes -- The role of the international community.
- In response to the myriad violations and abuses of fundamental rights that take place particularly during conflicts and under authoritarian regimes, a variety of measures have been developed. This publication has reviewed some of the relevant international law instruments on reparations, and has raised some of the most difficult challenges that reparations programs have faced in different parts off the world. It is a practical tool to provide guidance on implementing reparations initiatives and focuses on how to establish (out-of-court) fair and effective reparations programs in close association with other justice initiatives and with the participation of various stakeholders to help redress cases of gross and serious violations of human rights in the wake of conflict or authoritarian rule.--Publisher's description.
- "United Nations publication, sales no. E.08. XIV.3"--Title page verso. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 12560916