8 keys to end bullying : strategies for parents & schools / Signe Whitson ; foreword by Babette Rothschild
- 8 keys to mental health series
- Know bullying when you see bullying -- Establish connections with kids -- Stop bullying whenever you see bullying -- Deal directly with cyberbullying -- Build social and emotional competence -- Turn bystanders into buddies -- Reach out to kids who bully -- Keep the conversation going.
- Social media bullying, and the recent tragedies stemming from it, has given the widespread problem a new dimension. While no magic cure-all exists, adults can learn and implement all sorts of quick and easy techniques that can make a huge difference in the lives of kids. Whitson lays out key strategies, from establishing meaningful connections with kids to creating a positive school climate, to reaching out to bullies, empowering bystanders, and much more.
- 9780393709285 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2014
View MARC record | catkey: 12563584