Technology in schools / volume editor, Kevin P. Brady
- Los Angeles : Sage Reference, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 322 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Brady, Kevin P.
- Debating issues in american education ; v. 10
- Is assistive technology or universal design a more effective method of technology integration for students with disabilities? / Kevin P. Brady, Timothy E. Morse, Margie W. Crowe -- Should e-books replace traditional textbooks and paper-based books in schools? / Kevin P. Brady, Meredith Stewart, Christine M. Battista -- Do pocket assistive technologies, such as the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, provide mainly education benefits or distractions to students in today's schools? / Kevin P. Brady, Nick Sauers, Jerrid W. Kruse -- Are today's policies and procedures governing online student course offerings in the K-12 school environment appropriate to fully realize the unique policy and technology advantages of these online classes? / Kevin P. Brady, Leanna Matchett Archambault, Anne F. Thorp -- Are today's virtual schools effective student learning environments? / Kevin P. Brady, Kathryn Kennedy, Abigail Hawkins -- Are virtual schools more cost-effective compared to traditional brick-and-mortar schools? / Kevin P. Brady, Michael Barbour, Allison Powell -- Is the use of video surveillance cameras in schools an invasion of student privacy? / Kevin P. Brady, Justin Bathon -- Should national and/or state-level technology standards be required for today's teachers? / Kevin P. Brady, Kevin M. Oliver, Raymond Rose -- Should teachers have the right to create and post online content about their school on social networking sites, when such posts are made on their own time and without the use of school resources? / Kevin P. Brady, Jayson W. Richardson, Bruce Umpstead -- Should school administrators have greater authority to discipline students for acts of cyberbullying and cyberharassment? / Kevin P. Brady, Philip T.K. Daniel, Patrick D. Pauken -- Should administrators have greater authority to discipline students for false posts about school personnel on social networking websites? / Kevin P. Brady, Curtis R. Nash, Korrin M. Ziswiller -- Should public schools promote themselves on social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter? / Kevin P. Brady ... [et al.] -- Do new technologies have the potential to transform education by replacing current teaching methods? / A. Jonathan Eakle, Jill Castek, Margaret Hagood.
- 9781412987592 (cloth : alk. paper), 1412987598 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781412989787 (set), and 1412989787 (set)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12563768