Image, reflection, shadow ; The Bairns of Brugh ; Runes from a holy island [sound recording] / Peter Maxwell Davies
- Davies, Peter Maxwell, 1934-2016
- Uniform Title:
- Chamber music. Selections
- [London?] : Unicorn-Kanchana, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Davies, Peter Maxwell, 1934- and Fires of London (Musical group)
- Digital recording.
Biographical and program notes, principally by Stephen Pruslin, on container.
Durations: 37:00 ; 5:48 ; 10:59.
Eds. recorded: J. & W. Chester (1st and 3rd works) ; Boosey & Hawkes (2nd work).
The 1st work for flute/piccolo/alto flute, clarinet/bass clarinet, violin, violoncello, piano, cimbalom; the 2nd work is an elegy for piccolo, bass clarinet, piano, marimba, viola, and violoncello.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Fires of London (Philippa Davies, flute/piccolo/alto flute ; David Campbell, clarinet/bass clarinet ; Rosemary Furniss, violin/viola ; Jonathan Williams, violoncello ; Stephen Pruslin, piano/celesta ; Gregory Knowles, percussion) ; the composer conducting (2nd-3rd works).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Henry Wood Hall, London, May 23-24, 1984.
View MARC record | catkey: 1257940