Renaissance concerto [sound recording] : for flute and orchestra ; Salomon Rossi suite ; Orpheus and Euridice / Lukas Foss
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : New World Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Menuhin, Yehudi, 1916-1999, Michell, Edna, Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009, Ross, Lukas, 1922-, Wincenc, Carol, Brooklyn Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, and Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc
- "Recorded Anthology of American Music".
Durations: 21:00 ; 8:00 21:31.
Eds. recorded: C. Fischer (1st work); Editions Salabert (2nd-3rd works).
Program notes by David Wright and selected bibliography and discography (7 p.) inserted in container.
The 1st work for flute and orchestra; the 2nd work for orchestra; the 3rd work is an expanded version od a work originally for violin and orchestra extended by the composer for violin duet and orchestra.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Carol Winenc, flute (1st work) ; Yehudi Menuhin, Edna Michell, violins (3rd work) ; Brooklyn Philharmonic ; Lukas Foss, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the Great Hall, Cooper Union, New York, May 12 (3rd work), and Sept 27, 1988.
View MARC record | catkey: 1263840