The cultural revolution at the margins : Chinese socialism in crisis / Yiching Wu.
- Wu, Yiching
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 335 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction : the unthinkable revolution -- Enemies from the past : bureaucracy, class, and Mao's "continuous revolution" -- From the good blood to the right to rebel : politics of class and citizenship in the Beijing Red Guard movement -- Revolutionary alchemy : "economism" and the making of Shanghai's "January revolution" -- Revolution is dead, long live the revolution : popular radicalization of the cultural revolution in Hunan -- Coping with crisis in the wake of the cultural revolution : the historical origins of Chinese postsocialism -- Epilogue : from revolution to reform : rethinking the cultural revolution in the present.
- 9780674728790 (alk. paper)
0674728793 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 305-327) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Libraries Program Endowment (Carroll) ; 2013.
View MARC record | catkey: 12740675