On the run : fugitive life in an American city / Alice Goffman
- Goffman, Alice
- Chicago ; London : The University of Chicago Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 277 pages)
- The 6th Street boys and their legal entanglements -- Techniques for evading the authorities -- When the police knock your door in -- Turning legal troubles into personal resources -- The social life of criminalized young people -- The market in protections and privileges -- Clean people -- Conclusion: a fugitive community -- Epilogue: leaving 6th Street.
- Criminal justice, Administration of—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia
- African American youth—Legal status, laws, etc—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia
- African American youth—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia—Social conditions
- Discrimination in criminal justice administration—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia
- Racial profiling in law enforcement—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia
- Imprisonment—Social aspects—United States
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Criminology
- 9780226136851 (electronic bk.)
022613685X (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 12741073