Employment discrimination / Joel Wm. Friedman, Jack M. Gordon Professor of Procedural Law & Jurisdiction, Tulane Law School
- Friedman, Joel Wm. (Joel William), 1951-
- New York : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 344 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Examples & explanations
- Individual claims of intentional discrimination -- Systematic claims of intentional discrimination -- Non-intentional discrimination : disparate impact -- A general overview : proper plaintiffs, suable defendants, covered practices, exceptions, and exemptions -- Special proof issues under Title VII : defenses, sexual harassment, and retaliation -- Specific issues involving the five protected classifications : race, color, religion, sex, and national origin -- Enforcement : procedures -- Enforcement : remedies -- The reconstruction civil rights acts--42 U.S.C. [sections] 1981, 1983 & 1985--and the Equal Pay Act -- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act -- Discrimination on the basis of disability.
- 9781454816102 (pbk.)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12746000