Taking off the masks [electronic resource] : truth telling in couples work / presented by David Schnarch ; produced by Virtual Machina ; interview by Rich Simon
- Washington, DC : Psychotherapy Networker, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file(70 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Schnarch, David Morris, 1946-, Simon, Rich (Psychologist), and Virtual Machina
- Counseling and therapy in video, volume 3 and New perspectives, who's afraid of couples therapy? ; session 6
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Explore a clinical method that challenges clients by focusing on their sense of adult responsibility rather than childish entitlement by: Understanding the limits of empathy and attachment-based psychotherapy; Avoiding collusive alliances based on manipulation in favor of collaborative alliances based on straight talk; Recognizing partners' power to mind map and understand the impact of their own actions even when they don't acknowledge it; Learning how to create an atmosphere of challenge and truth-telling as early as possible to avoid manipulation and time-wasting; Bringing out the best in clients, which often emerges when they are coming clean about what is the worst in them.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 8, 2014). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Counseling and therapy in video, volume 3). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12747376