Middle powers and the rise of China / Bruce Gilley and Andrew O'Neil, editors
- Washington, DC : Georgetown University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 278 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gilley, Bruce, 1966- and O'Neil, Andrew
- China's rise through the prism of middle powers / Bruce Gilley and Andrew O'Neil -- Locating middle powers in international relations theory and power transitions / James Manicom and Jeffrey Reeves -- China's discovery of middle powers / Bruce Gilley -- U.S. responses to middle powers and China / David A. Cooper and Toshi Yoshihara -- South Korea's middle power response to the rise of China / TongFi Kim -- Malaysia, Thailand, and the ASEAN middle power way / Amy L. Freedman -- Indonesia responds to China's rise / Ann Marie Murphy -- Australia : a traditional middle power faces the Asian century / Thomas S. Wilkins -- South Africa's middle power ambitions : riding the dragon or being its pet? / Janis van der Westhuizen and Sven Grimm -- Turkey and China in the post-cold war world : great expectations / Yitzhak Shichor -- Brazil's rise as a middle power : the Chinese contribution / Anthony Peter Spanakos and Joseph Marques -- Conclusion : seeing beyond hegemony / Bruce Gilley and Andrew O'Neil.
- 9781626160835 (hardcover : alk. paper)
162616083X (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781626160842 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1626160848 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12757218