Mexican hometown associations in Chicagoacán : from local to transnational civic engagement / Xóchitl Bada
- Bada, Xóchitl
- New Brunswick, New Jersey : Rutgers University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 220 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Latinidad : transnational cultures in the United States
- Migrant generosity and transnational civic engagement -- The transformation of Mexican migrant organizations -- Genealogies of hometown associations -- Migrant clubs to the rescue -- Participatory planning across borders -- Expanding agendas and building transnational coalitions.
- Mexican Americans—Illinois—Chicago—Societies, etc
- Mexican Americans—Illinois—Chicago—Politics and government
- Mexican Americans—Social networks—Illinois—Chicago
- Social participation—Illinois—Chicago
- Political participation—Illinois—Chicago
- Chicago (Ill.)—Emigration and immigration
- Michoacán de Ocampo (Mexico)—Emigration and immigration
- 081356493X (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813564937 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813564921 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780813564920 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12757344