Battleship Potemkin [electronic resource] / directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein ; produced by Jacob Bliokh
- Silent film online
- Language Note:
- This edition silent with Russian intertitles and musical background.
- Odessa - 1905. Enraged with the deplorable conditions on board the armored cruiser Potemkin, the ship's loyal crew contemplates the unthinkable - mutiny. Seizing control of the Potemkin and raising the red flag of revolution, the sailors' revolt becomes the rallying point for a Russian populace ground under the boot heels of the Czar's Cossacks. When ruthless White Russian cavalry arrives to crush the rebellion on the sandstone Odessa Steps, the most famous and most quoted film sequence in cinema history is born.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 4, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Silent film online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12759662