Saved from the flames. Seeing the world [electronic resource] / produced by David Shepard and Jeffery Masino
- Additional Titles:
- aSaved from the flames : seeing the world and Saved from the flames. Disc 1, Seeing the world
- Los Angeles : Flicker Alley, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (96 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Masino, Jeffery and Shepard, David
- Language Note:
- This edition mostly silent with English intertitles and musical background and some dialogue spoken in English.
- Saved From The Flames is a unique and wonderful collection of 54 rare and restored short films from the inflammable years of cinema. Movies were once made on nitrate film stock, which has a chemical composition similar to gunpowder and is highly vulnerable to fire and decay. This remarkable seven-hour anthology, organized in eight thematic groups, presents amazing treasures, rescued during half a century of gathering movies from the nitrate era. This anthology is based in part upon Retour de Flamme, a screening series from Lobster Films, Paris, and upon films from The Blackhawk Films Collection. The video Seeing The World has ten films, including a transatlantic crossing in a Zeppelin dirigible and a film promoting Josephine Baker's wild revue at the Foliès-Bergere. It also includes the films The Seine Flood; Over the Top; A Visitor to Los Angeles; Montmarte's Kids; The Dirigible Los Angeles; In the Land of Giants and Pygmies; Technicolor Fashion Parade; Charles A. Lindbergh, Hero of the Air; The Fireman of the Follies-Bergere; Meet Me Down at Coney Isle.
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- Airships—United States
- Automobile travel—Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.)—History
- Ethnology—Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Fashion shows—United States—History
- Motion pictures—History
- World War, 1914-1918—Children—France
- Coney Island (New York, N.Y.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)—Description and travel
- Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 4, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Silent film online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12760286