The St. Martin's guide to writing / Rise B. Axelrod, Charles R. Cooper
- Axelrod, Rise B.
- Additional Titles:
- Saint Martin's guide to writing
- Boston : Bedford/St. Martins, 
- Copyright Date:
- Tenth edition.
- Physical Description:
- lii, 785 pages, 152 unnumbered pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cooper, Charles Raymond, 1934-
- Introduction: thinking about writing -- pt. I. Writing Activities: Remembering an event ; Writing profiles ; Explaining a concept ; Finding common ground ; Arguing a position ; Proposing a solution ; Justifying an evaluation ; Speculating about causes ; Analyzing stories -- pt. II. Critical Thinking Strategies: A catalog of invention strategies ; A catalog of reading strategies -- pt. III. Writing strategies: Cueing the reader ; Narrating ; Describing ; Defining ; Classifying ; Comparing and contrasting ; Arguing ; Analyzing visuals ; Designing documents ; Writing in business and scientific genres -- pt. IV. Research Strategies: Planning a research project ; Finding resources and conducting field research ; Evaluating sources ; Using sources to support your ideas ; Citing and documenting sources in MLA style ; Citing and documenting sources in APA style -- pt. V. Writing for assessment: Essay examinations ; Writing portfolios -- pt. VI. Writing and Speaking to Wider Audiences: Oral presentations ; Working with others ; Writing in your community.
- 9781457632501 (paper.bk. with handbook)
1457632500 (paperback with handbook)
9781457604423 (hardback with handbook)
1457604426 (hardback with handbook)
9781457640810 (loose-leaf with handbook)
1457640813 (loose-leaf with handbook)
9781457604508 (pbk. without handbook)
1457604507 (pbk. without handbook)
- Published in Boston, Massachusetts.
Includes access to e-pages that accompany the text.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12760971