Minds on fire : how role-immersion games transform college / Mark C. Carnes
- Carnes, Mark C. (Mark Christopher), 1950-
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 387 pages ; 23 cm
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 "All Classes Are Sorta Boring" -- ch. 2 Subversive Play: The Bane of Higher Education -- ch. 3 Creating an Academic Subversive Play World -- ch. 4 Critical Thinking and Our Selves -- ch. 5 Overcoming the Silence of the Students -- ch. 6 Learning by Failing -- ch. 7 Building Community and Global Citizenship -- ch. 8 Inculcating Morality and Empathy (!) -- ch. 9 Teaching Leadership through Teamwork -- ch. 10 Teaching the Past by Getting It Wrong? -- ch. 11 The Strange World outside the Box.
- 9780674735354 (alk. paper) and 0674735358 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12761269