Cleantech 2014 : storage, energy, renewables, environment & materials : technical proceedings of the 2014 CTSI Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Conference and Showcase, June 15-18, 2014, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. / volume editors, Matthew Laudon, TechConnect, USA, Bart Romanowicz, CTSI, USA
- Conference Author:
- Clean Technology 2014 (2014 : Washington, D.C.)
- Additional Titles:
- 2014 CTSI Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Conference and Showcase
- Boston, Mass. : Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Organization, 
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 464 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Laudon, Matthew
Romanowicz, Bartlomiej F., 1967-
- Machine generated contents note: Energy Storage -- 3-Dimensional Carbon Nanotube-Graphene Structure for Flexible Li-ion Battery / W. Choil -- Hydrogen Recharge Dynamics and Vessel Design for Porous Silicon Storage Media / A. Urbanek -- Hydrogen storage by reduced graphene oxide and graphene-like nanosheets decorated with Fe nanoclusters / S.G. Sankar -- Atomic Layer Deposition Innovations in Li-Ion Battery Technology / A. Cavanaugh -- Market Evaluation for Energy Storage in the United States / Z. Strong -- Integration of Flow Batteries into Electric Vehicles: Feasibility and the Future / D. Singh -- Composite Li-Ion Anodes from Recycled Silicon / W. Xu -- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Batteries For Wireless Smart Designs / F. Fusalba -- Synthesis of Carbon Supported Nano-Structured Ptni Electro-Catalysts for Fuel Cell / T.P.T. Nguyen -- Seawater Flow Battery as Technology Platform / Y. Fu -- Assessing damage to graphite electrodes in bromine redox flow battery systems / A.F.T. Yokochia -- Electrochemical Characterization of Naxmo2 as Cathode Materials in Sodium Batteries / V.M. Tran -- Single-Layer Ceramic Capacitors with low dielectric loss / N. Radford -- Architecturing Carbon Nanotube-based Flexible Solid State Supercapacitor / S. Stigers -- Synthesis and characterization of (polypyrrole/carbon) nanotubes/metal oxide composites for application as supercapacitors / H.P. de Oliveira -- MWCNTs/metal oxide nanocomposite as potential material for supercapacitors application in acidic and neutral media / E.E. Ebenso -- Nanostructured Acetylcholinesterase (ACHE) Memristor/Memcapacitor Mimicks Brachyhypopomus Electric Fish's Signal-Cloaking Behavior / J. Thornton -- A Study on the System Configuration for the Flywheel Energy Storage Device to be Applied to the Railway System / J.H. Lee -- Metal Organo-Clays as potential adsorbents for hydrogen storage / R. Roy -- Secondary Use Energy Storage / S. Massin -- Modeling and Simulation of PVDF-TrFE Based MEMS Scale Cantilever Type Energy Harvesters / O. Tigli -- Charge Pumping for High-force, Large-displacement MEMS / K. Ford -- Solar Power Technologies -- Solar Energy Conversion using a Broad Band Coherent Concentrator with Antenna-Coupled Rectifiers / P. Bodan -- Preparation of ZnO Nanowires for Solar Cells Aplicattion / E. Longo -- Nanotechnology Enabled Photovoltaics and Electronics for High-Power-Density Energy Systems / S.E. Lyshevski -- Intense Pulsed Light Processing of Semiconductors for Photovoltaics / R. Dharmadasa -- Periodic and Psuedo-Random Back-Reflector Nanoparticle Enhanced Light-Trapping in a Silicon Photovoltaic / F. Rubaiat -- Improved Nanophotonics Simulation Tools for Light-Trapping in Photovoltaics / F. Rubaiat -- c-SI Wafer Development: A New Approach to Reduce Costs and Drive Efficiency / S. Zehavi -- Application possibility of Parabolic Through Solar Thermal Power Plant technology in North Cyprus / M. Dagbasi -- Low-cost Transmission, Storage, and Integration for Renewable-source Energy: Hydrogen and Ammonia C-free Fuel Systems with Underground Pipelines, Salt Caverns, and Liquid NH3 Tanks / B. Leighty -- Fabrication of Infrared Energy Harvester Using Electrically Small Particles / O. Ramahi -- Synthesis of Visible light Nanocomposites for H2 Production / R.V. Shende -- Synthesis of Novel Functionalized-Graphene/Quantum Dots Hybrid System for Solar Cells Application / A. Azam -- Theoretical modelling of nanofluids for heat transfer / T.G. Myers -- Solar Energy System Prototype with a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) / Y. Ismail -- Fuel cells & Hydrogen -- Hydrogen Generation from Thermochemical Water-Splitting Using Core Shell Ni-Ferrite/Y2O3 Nanoparticles / R.V. Shende -- Ammonia Decomposition over Ni Supported on Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotubes: Effect of Surface Functional Groups / M. Daous -- Molecular Hydrogen Storage in Fullerenes for Use on Board Fuel Cell Vehicles -- A Density Functional Theory Study / C Malardier-Jugroot -- Enhanced fuel cell performance with modified Nafion® membranes / T. Miebach -- Analysis of low temperature effects on the performance of SEPIC in a fuel cell system / Y.-W. Park -- Energy from Bio Sources & Carbon Capture -- Carbon Nanotube Matrices for implantable Biofuel Cell design / S. Cosnier -- Commercial pilot for closed-loop wastewater treatment and biofuel production using microalgae / P. Valdez -- Development of the Novel Functionality of Probiotics Fermented Noni Hydrolysates / ST. Jiang -- Pelletized silica and polyethyleneimine composites for CO2 capture via adsorption / A.L. Chaffee -- Capturing and Using CO2 as Feedstock for Clean Chemical Processes Technologies / Y. Demirel -- Oil, Gas & Nuclear -- Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Adsorption from Microemulsions and Surfactant Micellar Solutions at Solid-Liquid, Liquid-Liquid and Gas-Liquid interfaces / H. Saboowala -- Conformance Control through In-situ Gelation of Silica Nanoparticles / Q.P. Nguyen -- Interaction of Surface Modified Silica Nanoparticles with Clay Minerals / Q.P. Nguyen -- Adsorption of Functionalized Silica Nanoparticles on Swelling Clay Minerals / Q.P. Nguyen -- Polymer Nanofluid for enhanced oil recovery: A design of polystyrene nanoparticles, transport behavior evaluation and unconsolidated flooding test / R.S.V. Nascimento -- Surfactants Nanocarriers to Enhanced oil Recovery (EOR) / R.S.V. Nascimento -- Nanotechnology in steel tubular goods: Challenges and Prospects / P.A. Castro -- Nanocoating Testing for High Voltage Transmission Applications / A. Gould -- Bulk-Size Transparent Gadolinium Oxide-Polymer Nanocomposites for Gamma Ray Scintillation / Q. Pei -- Water Technologies -- Innovative Treatment of Shale Fracturing Flowback and Produced Water for Reuse or Discharge / C. Wardle -- An integrated approach for industrial water systems optimal design / V. Colla -- Fabrication and Testing of a Miniaturised Water Quality Monitoring pH and Conductivity Sensors / M. Hoorfar -- Photocatalytic disinfection of E. coli using tourmaline-N-doped TiO2 composite / C-H Weng -- Synthesis of nano-hydroxyapatite from a biogenic waste for the removal of manganese from wastewater / L.L. Kolawole -- Reducing Energy Footprint of a Waste Water Treatment Plant by Increasing Harvesting Efficiency of Solids following Primary Clarification / M. Stephenson -- Autonomous Nanosensor System for Monitoring and Quantifying Arsenic in Water / E. Gonzalez -- More Efficient Hydrokinetic Turbines / D. Farb -- Environmental Monitoring Technologies -- Advancements in Microelectronics-Grade Carbon Nanotube Materials for NRAM® Device Manufacture and Analysis of Carbon Nanotube Mass in End User Devices / D. Janzen -- Assessment by Ames Test and Comet Assay of Toxicity Potential of Polymers Used to Develop a Field Capable Biosensor / K. Gleason -- Potential artifacts when evaluating the ecotoxicological effects of nanomaterials / J.C. White -- Real-time monitoring of pathogens and nanomarkers in water by resonance laser spectroscopy techniques / E.B. Kononenko -- Resistance and Potentiostatic Based Measurements of an Antibody Functionalized Conductive Polymer Coated Textile as a Biosensor / P. Marek -- Electrochemical Detection of Alcohol using Enzyme Sensor with Chromatography Paper and its Potential Application as halal Sensor / S. Uno -- Materials for Sustainability & Efficiency -- Multi-method analysis of multiwall carbon nanotube polymer nanocomposite after photodegradation / T. Nguyen -- The Study of Surface Accumulated Silica Nanoparticles from "Weathered" Polymer Nanocomposites Using ICP-OES / L.L. Yu -- Effect of carbon nanotubes on plant growth and gas exchange using Arabidopsis thaliana / R. Voleti -- Prevention through Design Concepts for Sustainable Development of Nanomaterials / C.L. Geraci -- Green Chemistry of Carbon Nanomaterials / V.A. Basiuk -- Polymer Based Continuous Offset Printing / C. Barry -- Synthesis, characterization and in vitro evaluation of cytotoxicity and antimicrobial activity of chitosanmetal nanocomposites / R. Thakur -- Preparation and characterization of starch nanoparticles by desolvation method / J.L. Kokini -- The High Performance Thermal Building Insulation Materials of Beyond Tomorrow - From Concept to Experimental Investigations / A. Gustavsen -- Rheological performance and NMR structure investigation of ultrasound crumb rubber modified bitumen / CO. Rossi -- Applications of Enzymatic Saccharification Residues as a Fully Biobased Adhesive / W.T.Y. Tze -- Utilization of Industrial Waste as a Composite Cementing Materials / M.I. Khan -- Alumina extraction from fly ash by the MgO sintering method: Waste reduction and utilization / Z. Zhang -- Utilization of ceramic wastes as pozzolanics materials / R. Cerny -- Rheology of Portland cement pastes with calcined clays additions / R. Talero -- SUSTAINABLE steel production for the 2030s and beyond: the vision of the European Steel Technology Platform's Strategic Research Agenda / J.S. Thomas -- STEP, Efficient solar syntheses: A comprehensive approach to decreasing the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide / F. Meng -- $/W Costs of Thermoelectric Waste-Heat Recovery for Stationary Applications / M. Scullin -- A Green & Clean Process for the Production of Methacrylic Acid and Methacrolein from Biofuel / W. Eng -- Nanomaterials for Catalysis -- Gold nanoclusters for air purification applications / E. Mendoza -- Organometallic Ruthenium Nanoparticles as a Model of study for Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis Reaction / B. Chaudret -- Application of alumina-based nanogold catalysts in gas mask and CO2 laser / L. An -- Voltammetric and Impedance studies of Phenols and Its Derivatives at Carbon Nanotubes/Prussian Blue Films Platinum Modified Electrode / E.E. Ebenso -- Development of a hydroprocessing catalyst containing Boron and Nano-boron compounds / A. Nilgun Akin --
Contents note continued: Microwave-assisted hydrothermal synthesis of Cu-doped titanate nanotubes: photoluminescence and photocatalysis properties / M.A. Zaghete -- A hierarchical carbon nanofiber-In2S3 photocatalyst with well controlled nanostructures for highly efficient hydrogen production under visible light / D.D. Sun -- High photocatalytic activity of hydrogen production from water over Fe doped and Ag deposited anatase TiO2 nanotube arrays / Y. Ma -- Flower-like TiO2 Nanostructures: Synthesis, Characterization and Photocatalytic Properties / C. Tang -- Surface properties of amorphous nanoporous GeS2 / B. Coasne -- Differentiating electro-catalytic reaction of hydride with respect to a non-Pt catalyst morphology based on first-principles: extended surfaces versus nanoparticles / H. Kasai -- Nanoscale Materials -- Fast and Facile Synthesis of Stable and Biocompatible Silver nanoparticles Stabilized by Polyethylene Glycol / S. Pillai -- A New Separation Metric for the Optimization of AF4 Separations of Polydispersed Nanomaterials / H.S. Weinberg -- Magneto-optic Response of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles under Pulsed and AC Fields / T. Foulkes -- A New Biocomposite Electrode Sensor for the Detection of Oxidative Reactions / S.W. Leung -- Soluble Graphene Hybrid Composite (GHC) by Physical Functionalization / G.V. Le -- Polymer nanocomposites reinforced with nanoparticles extracted from renewable resources / A. Dufresne -- Comparisons of electrochemical sensors for heavy metals detection based on filter paper and transparency film substrate / C.S. Henry -- Preparation of Photocatalytic Silicon Core-shell Nanoparticles Covered by ZnS Shell in Solid-Gas Reaction / K. Sollova -- Synthesis and characterization of nanoreactors within polymeric nanotemplates / M. Jugroot -- Development of a Platinum Nanoparticle based Microcombustor Power Device / S. Bakrania -- CO2 reforming of CH4 by the combination of dielectric barrier discharge plasmas and zeolite catalysts / K-S Kim -- Natural polyphenols as pro-ecological antioxidants and pigments for polymer composites / M. Zaborski -- Degradability of polymeric composites (ENR/PLA) from renewable resources / M. Zaborski -- Sustainable and high-performable nano-structured biopackaging materials / V. Kokol -- Immobilization of AgZnO photocatalyst in Poly(acrylic acid) matrix and their photocatalytic activity evaluation / V.A. Escobar-Barrios -- Advanced Coating for Energy Applications / J. Pollock -- 3D Printered and Plasma Treated Superhydrophobic Mesh Filters for Oil-water Separation / M.-W. Moon -- Mechanically Durable Superhydrophobic Nanocomposites from Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) / I.S. Bayer -- A Novel Application Technique for Polymer Nanofibers in the Construction Industry / J.S. Chaves.
- "The 2014 CTSI Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Conference & Showcase, Cleantech 2014. is part of the TechConnect World Innovation Conference & Expo, which includes the parallel sister events of: Nanotech 2014, Microtech 2014, and Biotech 2014. The combined interdisciplinary conferences focus on moving emerging applied technologies from research to market to society"--Additional title page.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 12764997