Selected directed energy research and development for U.S. Air Force aircraft applications [electronic resource] : a workshop summary / Robert J. Katt, rapporteur ; Air Force Studies Board, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, National Research Council of the National Academies
- Katt, Robert J.
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 62 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Air Force Studies Board
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Overview -- Workshop Scope -- Recurring Themes From the Three Workshop Sessions -- Theme 1 What are the reasons that the Air Force is not adopting directed energy weapon (DEW) systems? Why are the products from Air Force (and other) DEW research and development (R&D) programs not being operationalized for Air Force applications? -- Theme 2 What role does the Air Force have in the application of ground-based DEWs to air base defense? -- Theme 3 What are potential paths forward for transitioning DEW technology and/or systems to Air Force operations? -- 3.Synopsis of Workshop Sessions -- Session 1 February 27-28, 2013, Washington, D.C. -- Session 2 March 18-19, 2013, Washington, D.C. -- Session 3 April 24-25, 2013, Washington, D.C.
View MARC record | catkey: 12773638