Integration of EU water policy objectives with the CAP : a partial success : (pursuant to Article 287(4), second subparagraph, TFEU) / European Court of Auditors
- Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 63 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 30 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- European Court of Auditors
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Special report, 1831-0834 ; 2014, no. 04
- Executive summary -- Introduction. The links between EU water policy and the common agricultural policy (CAP); CAP instruments with the potential to help integrate the EU water policy objectives into the CAP; CAP funds with a potential impact on water -- The audit. Audit scope and audit approach; Previous audits -- Observations. Weaknesses in the implementation of EU water policy have hindered its integration into the CAP; The impact of cross compliance on water issues has so far been limited; The potential of rural development to address water concerns is not fully exploited; The polluter pays principle has not been integrated into the CAP; Monitoring and evaluation systems do not give the whole picture -- Conclusions and recommendations -- Annex I: Audit questions and criteria used for the audit -- Annex II: Survey results: Main changes reported by farm advisory bodies following the introduction of cross compliance -- Annex III: Examples of water related issues not covered by cross compliance -- Annex IV: Additional Health Check and Recovery funds allocated and used by Member States for water management -- Reply of the Commission.
- "Protecting the quality of Europe's water resources has been a priority for the EU since the late 1970s. Agriculture, as one of the main users and polluters of water, has a major role to play in the sustainable management of water. The EU has repeatedly acknowledged that its different policies need to be coherent and therefore recognises the need to ensure that its environmental policies, including in relation to water, are supported by the common agricultural policy. This audit examined whether the EU's water policy objectives have been successfully integrated into the CAP and found this to be only partially the case." -- Page  of cover.
- European Parliament. Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000 establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy
- Water-supply—European Union countries
- Water quality management—European Union countries
- Agriculture—Environmental aspects—European Union countries
- Agricultural pollution—European Union countries
- Environmental policy—European Union countries
- 9789287200280 (pbk.)
- "European Court of Auditors"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available on the Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 12958215