Public health nursing : population-centered health care in the community / Marcia Stanhope, RN, DSN, FAAN, Endowed Professor and Good Samaritan Chair Holder, Community Health Nursing, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, Jeanette Lancaster, RN, PhD, FAAN, Medical Center Professor, School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Maryland Heights, Missouri : Elsevier Mosby, 
- Copyright Date:
- 8th edition, revised reprint.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 1,095 pages : illustrations (colour) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stanhope, Marcia and Lancaster, Jeanette
- Perspectives in Health Care and Population-Centered Nursing. Population-focused practice: the foundation of specialization in public health nursing -- History of public health and public and community health nursing -- Public health and primary health care systems and healthcare transformation -- Perspectives in global health care. -- Influences on Health Care Delivery and Population-Centered Nursing. Economics of health care delivery -- Application of ethics in the community -- Cultural diversity in the community -- Public health policy. -- Conceptual and Scientific Frameworks Applied to Population-Centered Nursing Practice. Population-based public health nursing practice: the intervention wheel -- Environmental health -- Genomics in public health nursing -- Epidemiology -- Infectious disease prevention and control -- Communicable and infectious disease risks -- Evidence-based practice -- Using health education and groups to promote health -- Promoting healthy communities using multilevel participatory strategies. -- Issues and Approaches in Population-Centered Nursing. Community as client: assessment and analysis -- Population-centered nursing in rural and urban environments -- Promoting health through healthy communities and cities -- The nursing center: a model for nursing practice in the community -- Case management -- Public health nursing and the disaster management cycle -- Public health surveillance and outbreak investigation -- Program management -- Quality management. -- Health Promotion With Target Populations Across the Life Span. Family development and family nursing assessment -- Family health risks -- Child and adolescent health -- Major health issues and chronic disease management of adults across the life span -- Special needs populations. -- Vulnerability: Issues for the Twenty-First Century. Vulnerability and vulnerable populations: an overview -- Poverty and homelessness -- Migrant health issues -- Teen pregnancy -- Mental health issues -- Alcohol, tobacco and other drug problems -- Violence and human abuse. -- Nurse Roles and Functions in the Community. The advanced practice nurse in the community -- The nurse leader in the community -- The nurse in home health and hospice -- The nurse in the schools -- The nurse in occupational health -- Forensic nursing in the community -- The nurse in the faith community -- Public health nursing at local, state, and national levels.
- "Now updated with QSEN appendix".
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: 8th ed. Maryland Heights, Mo. : Elsevier Mosby, c2012.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12958433