Companion to intrinsic properties [electronic resource] / edited by Robert M. Francescotti
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Francescotti, Robert M., 1962-
- Machine generated contents note: Defining `Intrinsic' / David Lewis -- Intrinsic Properties Defined / Peter Vallentyne -- Intrinsicness / Stephen Yablo -- Intrinsic Properties and Combinatorial Principles / Brian Weatherson -- Essence and Intrinsicality / David Denby -- A Simple Theory of Intrinsicality / D. Gene Witmer -- What's the Use of an Intrinsic Property? / Carrie Figdor -- Is the Intrinsic/Extrinsic Distinction Hyperintensional? / Vera Hoffmann-Kolss -- Intrinsic/Extrinsic: A Relational Account Defended / Robert Francescotti -- Yablo's Account of Intrinsicality / Dan Marshall -- Primitivism about Intrinsicality / Alexander Skiles -- Physics and Intrinsic Properties / Michael Esfeld -- Intrinsic Explanations and Numerical Representations / M. Eddon.
- What makes a property intrinsic? What does the intrinsic/extrinsic distinction rest upon? These questions and the various problems associated with them bear great importance on debates in such diverse fields as ethics, philosophy of mind or philosophy of science. The book provides a comprehensive overview of central facets of the debates, including both crucial earlier and new contributions. It is indispensable for any serious study of the topic.
- 9783110292596 (electronic bk.), 3110292599 (electronic bk.), 9783110290868 (hardcover : alk. paper), and 3110290863 (hardcover : alk. paper)
View MARC record | catkey: 12958957