International night : a father and daughter cook their way around the world : including more than 250 recipes / Mark Kurlansky and Talia Kurlansky
- Machine generated contents note: Talia's Introduction -- On Recipes -- On Cooking with Children -- On Drinks -- On Fats and Oils -- On Sugar and Spice -- Equipment -- A Slightly Nutty Way to Open a Coconut -- On Salt Cod -- On Vegetables -- On Desserts -- Basic Recipes -- On Cooking Temperature -- Philippines Night -- Provence Night -- Kazakhstan Night -- Sweden Night -- Niger Night -- China Night -- Hawaii Night -- Saudi Arabia Night -- Mexico Night -- Brazil Night -- Sicily Night -- Japan Night -- Afghanistan Night -- Morocco Night -- Greece Night -- Cuba Night -- Naples Night -- Iran Night -- Egypt Night -- Romania Night -- Andalusia Night -- Algeria Night -- Brittany Night -- Tanzania Night -- Quebec Night -- Norway Night -- Cornwall Night -- Hungary Night -- New Orleans Night -- Senegal Night -- Aquitaine Night -- Korea Night -- Haiti Night -- Newfoundland Night -- India Night -- French Guiana Night -- Germany Night -- Mongolia Night -- Peru Night -- Switzerland Night -- Ireland Night -- Argentina Night -- Portugal Night -- Nicaragua Night -- Russia Night -- Jamaica Night -- Sri Lanka Night -- Belgium Night -- Ethiopia Night -- Austria Night -- Turkey Night -- Emilia-Romagna Night.
- International Night is brimming with recipes for fifty-two special meals--appetizers, a main course, side dishes, and dessert for each--one for every week of the year. Some are old favorites from Mark's repertoire, and others gleaned from research. Always, they are his own version, drawn from techniques he learned as a professional chef and from many years of talking to chefs, producers, and household cooks around the world. Despite these insights, every recipe is designed to be carried out--easily--by any amateur chef, and they are designed to be completed with the assistance of children.
- 9781620400272 (hardcover) and 1620400278 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 361-365) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2014
View MARC record | catkey: 12960992