Survey of world iron ore resources: occurrence, appraisal and use : report of a committee of experts appointed by the Secretary-General
- New York : United Nations Dept. of Economic and Social Affairs, 1955.
- Physical Description:
- xi,345 pages : maps, diagrams,tables ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- United Nations. Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- GENERAL REPORT: Supply and utilization of iron ore -- Appraisal of iron ore resources -- TECHNICAL PAPERS: Nature and occurrence of iron ore deposits / Frederick G. Percival -- Techniques for the exploration and discovery of iron ore deposits / Gilbert C. Monture -- Beneficiating iron ore (North American practices) / John D. Sullivan -- Relation of type of ore to smelting processes / Martin Wiberg -- Cost factors in selecting processes for producing iron and steel / Hamnett P. Munger -- Concepts of mineral reserves and resources / Fernand Blondel and Samuel G. Lasky -- Introduction to regional appraisals -- Iron ore deposits of North America and the West Indies / Carl E. Dutton -- Iron ore deposits of South America / Benjamin Leiding Valdes -- Iron ore deposits of Europe, Africa and the union of Soviet Socialist Republics / Fernand Blondel -- Iron ore deposits of the Middle East and of Asia and the Far East / Maharajapuram Sitaram Krishnan -- Iron ore deposits of Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia / Frederick G. Percival.
- "United Nations publication. Sales no.: 1954.II.D.5".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies.
- Action Note:
- committed to retain 20170930 20430101 HathiTrust https://www.hathitrust.org/shared_print_program
View MARC record | catkey: 1296356