Interpersonal relationships and health : social and clinical psychological mechanisms / edited by Christopher R. Agnew and Susan C. South
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 293 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Agnew, Christopher Rolfe, South, Susan C., and Purdue Symposium on Psychological Sciences (3rd : 2012 : West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Interpersonal relationships and health: where the social and clinical converge / Christopher R. Agnew and Susan C. South -- Relationship researchers put the "psycho" in psychoneuroimmunology / Timothy J. Loving and Elizabeth Keneski -- On marriage and the heart : models, methods, and mechanisms in the study of close relationships and cardiovascular disease / Timothy W. Smith, Carolynne E. Baron, and Catherine M. Caska -- Family relationships and cortisol in everyday life / Richard B. Slatcher -- Divorce and health outcomes: from social epidemiology to social psychophysiology / David A. Sbarra, Widyasita Nojopranoto, and Karen Hasselmo -- It sometimes takes two : marriage as a mechanism for managing chronic illness / Mary Ann Parris Stephens, Rachel C. Hemphill, Karen S. Rook, and Melissa M. Franks -- The couple and family discord model of depression: updates and future directions / Steven R. H. Beach -- Intimate partner violence: a biopsychosocial, social information processing perspective / Christopher M. Murphy, Amber E.Q. Norwood, and Gina M. Poole -- Interparental conflict and children's mental health: emerging directions in emotional security theory / E. Mark Cummings, Kalsea J. Koss, and Rebecca Y.M. Cheung -- Social connectedness at older ages and implications for health and well-being / Linda J. Waite, James Iveniuk, and Edward O. Laumann -- Trajectories of within-relationship relationship quality, relationship satisfaction and sexual satisfaction among young african-american women / J. Dennis Fortenberry and Devon J. Hensel -- Personality effects on risky sexual behavior: the importance of dynamic situational processes and relational contexts / M. Lynne Cooper and Ruixue Zhaoyang -- Putting it all together: synthesizing social and clinical approaches to relationships and health / Susan C. South.
- 9780199936632 (alk. paper) and 0199936633 (alk. paper)
- "This book emerged as the result of the Third Purdue Symposium on Psychological Sciences (PSPS), held on the West Lafayette, Indiana, campus of Purdue University in May of 2012"--Preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12980764