Spectacular Rubens : the Triumph of the Eucharist / edited by Alejandro Vergara and Anne T. Woollett
- Uniform Title:
- Rubens, el Triunfo de la Eucaristía. English
- Los Angeles : J. Paul Getty Museum, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 112 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rubens, Peter Paul, 1577-1640, Vergara, Alexander, 1960-, Woollett, Anne T., J. Paul Getty Museum, and Museo del Prado
- Faith and glory: Infanta Isabel Clara Eugenia and the Triumph of the Eucharist / Anne T. Woollett -- The tapestries of the Triumph of the Eucharist: function and placement in the Monastery of the Descalzas Reales / Ana Garcia Sanz -- High and passionate songs: thoughts on Rubens's pictorial language / Alejandro Vergara -- The restoration of six panel paintings by Rubens: supports / George Bisacca, Jose de la Fuente, and Jonathan Graindorge Lamour -- The restoration of six panel paintings by Rubens: paint surface / Maria Antonia Lopez de Asiain -- Technical study of the modelli by Rubens for the Eucharist series / Alejandro Vergara.
- "Presents information about Peter Paul Rubens and his Triumph of the Eucharist series, consisting of modelli (oil paintings on panel) and monumental tapestries. Essays discuss the history and the recent restoration of the panels and tapestries"--
- 9781606064306 (pbk.)
- "This publication is issued on the occasion of the exhibition Spectacular Rubens: The Triumph of the Eucharist, on view at the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center, Los Angeles, from October 14, 2014, to January 11, 2015, and at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, from February 15 to May 10, 2015. The exhibition debuted at the Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid, with the title Rubens: El triunfo de la Eucaristia, from March 25 to June 29, 2014"--Title page verso.
"The exhibition is organized by the Museo Nacional del Prado in collaboration with the J. Paul Getty Museum."--Title page verso.
"The essay by Ana García Sanz was translated from the Spanish by Debra Nagao and Elizabeth Nicholson; the essay by María Antonia López de Asiaín was translated by Debra Nagao. The essay by George Bisacca, José de la Fuente, and Jonathan Graindorge Lamour was translated from the Spanish by Jenny Dodman."--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 105-109) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12980969