Annual World Bank Conference on Development Economics, 2000 [electronic resource] / edited by Boris Pleskovic and Nicholas Stern
- Conference Author:
- Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics (2000)
- Washington, D.C. : World Bank, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 441 p. : ill
- Additional Creators:
- Pleskovic, Boris, Stern, N. H. (Nicholas Herbert), and ebrary, Inc
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Boris Pleskovic and Nicholas Stern -- Opening address / Mats Karlsson -- Keynote address: Development thinking at the millenium / Joseph E. Stiglitz -- A new global consensus on helping the poorest of the poor / Jeffrey Sachs -- Ten years after The road to a free economy: the author's self-evaluation / Janos Kornai -- New Development thinking Consensus building, knowledge, and conditionality / Paul Collier -- Development strategies for the 21st century / Dani Rodrik -- Comments / Nancy Birdsall, Francois Bourguignon, Fukunari Kimura -- Rethinking aid / Jan Wilhelm Gunning -- Beyond Rosenstein-Rodan: the modern theory of coordination problems in development / Karla Hoff -- Comments / Gustav Ranis, Charles C. Suludo -- Crises and recovery Shaken and stirred: explaining growth volatility / William Easterly, Roumeen Islam, Joseph E. Stiglitz -- Creative destruction and development: institutions, crises, and restructuring / Ricardo J. Caballero and Mohamad L. Hammour -- Comment / Abhijit V. Banerjee -- The East asian crisis: two years later / Eisuke Sakakibara -- Comment / Andrew Berg -- Mexico: five years after the crisis / Daniel Lederman [et al.] -- Comment / Alejandro Werner -- Corporate governance and restructuring: lessons from transition and crises Ownership structure, legal protections, and corporate governance / I. J. Alexander Dyck -- Corporate governance and restructuring: lessons from transition economies / Gerard Roland -- Comments / John S. Earle, Rafael La Porta -- Social security, public and private savings. The benefits of flexible funding: implications for pension reform in an uncertain world / J. Michael Orszag and Peter R. Orszag -- Household saving in East Asia and Latin America: inequality, demographics, and all that / Orazio P. Attanasio and Miguel Szekely -- Comment / Robert Holzman.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 12984064