Exocytosis methods [electronic resource] / edited by Peter Thorn
- New York : Humana Press/Springer, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 248 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Thorn, Peter
- Neuromethods, 0893-2336 ; 83
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1. Solution single-vesicle fusion assay by single-molecule alternating-laser excitation / Jae-Yeol Kim, Bong-Kyu Choi, Yeon-Kyun Shin and Nam Ki Lee -- 2. Imaging the stages of exocytosis in epithelial type II pneumocytes / Thomas Haller and Paul Dietl -- 3. Carbon-fiber amperometry in the study of exocytosis / Michael D. Duffield, Ravinarayan Ragbupathi and Damien J. Keating -- 4. Imaging of insulin exocytosis from pancreatic beta cells / Mica Ohara-Imaizumi, Kyota Aoyagi and Shinya Nagamatsu -- 5. Functional, quantitative, and super-resolution imaging and spectroscopic approaches for studying exocytosis / Rory R. Duncan and Colin Rickman -- 6. Electrophysiologic measurements of membrane capacitance in hormone-screting cells / Boštjan Rituper and Robert Zoree -- 7. Measuring exocytosis in endocrine tissue slices / Maša Skelin Klemen, Jurij Dolenšek, Andraž Stožer and Marjan Slak Rupnik -- 8. Intravital microscopy and its application to study regulated exocytosis in the exocrine glands of live rodents / Oleg Milberg, Natalie Porat-Shliom, Muhibullah Tora, Laura Parente, Andrius Masedunskas and Roberto Weigert -- 9. Rapid analysis of synaptic vesicle endocytosis in synaptosomes / James A. Daniel and Phillip J. Robinson -- 10. Isolated neurohypophysial terminals: model for depolarization-secretion coupling / José R. Lemos, James McNally, Edward Custer, Adolfo Cuadra, Hector Marrero and Dixon Woodbury -- 11. The sea urchin egg and cortical vesicles as model systems to dissect the fast, Ca²⁺-triggered steps of regulated exocytosis / Prabbodh S. Abbineni, Elise P. Wright, Tatiana P. Rogasevskaia, Murray C. Killingsworth, Chandra S. Malladi and Jens R. Coorssen.
- Bringing together techniques and methods currently being applied to the study of exocytosis, Exocytosis Methods collects chapters from experts in the field, examining this fundamental process essential to functions ranging from protein secretion to hormone release and neurotransmission. The book begins with a section covering a range of techniques being applied to the study of single-vesicle fusion events, which are key in order to gain insight into the final steps of vesicle fusion. The volume continues with several model systems that are being employed to unravel the complexities of exocytosis. Written for the Neuromethods series, chapters included in this work present the kind of detail and vital implementation advice that leads to successful results.Practical and authoritative, Exocytosis Methods seeks to promote the advent of new methods in microscopy and the development of new preparations, which would doubtlessly lead to many new and exciting discoveries in this field.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12994952