Forest Concession Policies and Revenue Systems [electronic resource]: Country Experience and Policy Changes for Sustainable Tropical Forestry
- Gray, John Andrew 1934-
- Washington : World Bank Publications June 2002
- Physical Description:
- 124 p. ill 28.000 x 00.000 cm.
- World Bank Technical Papers No. 522
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation If sustainable management of tropical forests is to be accomplished and deforestation brought under control, the on-the-ground performance of existing forest concessions, along with the allocation of new concessions, will have to be strengthened.This study examines the failures of forest concessions and the loss of tropical forests due to mismanagement during the last two decades. It also emphasizes the potential gains resulting from strengthening the allocation, management, and supervision of concessions by concentrating on improving procedures, introducing performance incentives, and monitoring key performance elements.
0821351702 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional World Bank Publications
View MARC record | catkey: 12996298