Reducing poverty and investing in people [electronic resource] : the new role of safety nets in Africa / Victoria Monchuk
- Monchuk, Victoria
- Washington, DC : World Bank, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 166 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Directions in development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Acknowledgments -- Abbreviations -- Overview -- Objectives and methods of this study -- Conclusions based on the experience in the 22 countries -- Moving forward to strengthen safety nets in africa -- Implementing the vision : what can other countries learn? -- An agenda for learning -- Introduction -- Poverty and risk -- Existing safety net policies and programs -- Effectiveness of existing safety net programs: an analysis -- Financing, cost, and sustainability -- Moving forward: building better safety nets in africa -- Appendix a: definition of safety nets -- Appendix b: country typologies -- Appendix c: poverty headcount data -- Appendix d: list of targeting mechanisms in selected programs -- Boxes.
- 9781464800948 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 13014619