Systemic lupus erythematosus [electronic resource] : methods and protocols / edited by Paul Eggleton, University of Exeter Medical School, Exeter, Devon, UK, Frank J. Ward, Section of Immunology and Infection, Division of Applied Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 263 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Eggleton, Paul, Dr. and Ward, Frank J., Dr.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1134 and Springer protocols
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Pathology of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - The Challenges Ahead -- The Lupus Biomarker Odyssey: One Experience -- Detection of Anti Nuclear Antibodies in SLE -- Tests for Circulating Immune Complexes -- Methods for Measuring Antibody Dependent Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity in vitro -- Recombinant Antibody Microarray for Profiling the Serum Proteome of SLE -- Bi-functional Antibody Fragment-based Fusion Proteins for the Targeted Elimination of Pathogenic T-cell Subsets -- TLC Immunostaining for Detection of ?Anti-Phospholipid? Antibodies -- Induced Murine Models of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus -- Measuring Interferon Alpha and other Cytokines in SLE -- Detection of SLE antigens in Neutrophils Extracellular Traps (NETs) -- Detection and Characterization of Autoantibodies Against Modified Self-proteins in SLE Sera after Exposure to Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species -- Generation of Self-peptides to Treat Systemic Lupus Erythematosus -- Measurement of Malondialdehyde, Glutathione and Glutathione Peroxidase in SLE Patients -- Evaluating a Particular Circulating MicroRNA Species from an SLE Patient using Stem Loop qRT-PCR -- Microarray Technology for Analysis of MicroRNA Expression in Renal Biopsies of Lupus Nephritis Patients. Laboratory Tests for the Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Isolation, Polarisation and Expansion of CD4+ T Helper Cell Lines and Clones using Magnetic Beads -- Meta-analysis as a Diagnostic Tool for Predicting Disease Onset and/or Activity in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Methods and Protocols describes a number of genetic, biochemical and immunological techniques.These techniques provide an?advancing understanding of the pathology, breakdown of the immune system, and therapeutic challenges of SLE in both humans and animal models. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.--
- 9781493903252 (hbk. : alk. paper), 149390325X (hbk. : alk. paper), and 9781493903269 (eBook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13019730