Epea ptepoenta, or, The diversions of Purley / By John Horne Tooke, A. M. late of St. John's college Cambridge
- Tooke, John Horne, 1736-1812
- Philadelphia : Printed by Wm. Duana, 1806-1807.
- The first American edition. From the second London edition.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations
- v.1. Introduction. Of the diversion or distribution of language. Some sconsideration of Mr. Locke's essay. Of the parts of speech. Of the noun. Of the article in interjection. Advertisement. Of the word that. Advertisement. Of conjunctions. Etymology of the English conjunctions. Of prepositions. Of adverbs.--v.2. The rights of man. Of abstraction. Of adjectives. Of particples.
- Related Titles:
- Diversions of Purley
- Errors in pagination: v.1, p. 82, 212-216, 243, 244, 245 and 246 misnumbered 83, 112-116, 246, 245, 244 and 243 respectively.
Title transliterated from Greek.
Each vol. with table of contents; index at end of vol. 2.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1976. 1 microfiche ; 8 x 13 cm. (The Microbook library of English literature) Reduction ratio varies.
View MARC record | catkey: 1307291