Mathematical modelling of ocean circulation : with 62 figures / [edited by] G.I. Marchuk, A.S. Sarkisyan
- Uniform Title:
- Matematicheskie modeli t͡sirkuli͡at͡sii v okeane. English
- Berlin ; New York : Springer-Verlag, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 292 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Marchuk, G. I. (Guriĭ Ivanovich), 1925- and Sarkisi︠a︡n, A. S. (Artem Sarkisovich)
- FORMULATION OF THE PROBLEM, TRANSFORMAITON OF EQUATIONS AND ELABORATION OF OCEAN CIRCULATION MODELS: Initial equations, their simplification and transformation -- Diagnostic sea current models -- Some numerical methods of solving simplified equations of hydrodynamics -- THE SIMPLEST METHODS OF DIFFERENCE APPROXIMATION AND CONSTRUCTED EQUATIONS SOLUTION: The construction of difference grids -- The methods of approximation and equation -- NUMERICAL METHODS OF SOLVINGG OCEAN DYNAMICS PROBLEMS: The construction and methods of solving simplified problems of ocean dynamics -- The operator representation of the problem and the principal algorithm of the splitting -- The evolutionary statement of the problem -- The difference schemes for the equations of motion -- The approximation of the adaptation equations by time -- The choice the parameters for approximation in the simplest model -- The organization of the numerical algorithm -- and THE STATIONARY PROBLEMS OF OCEAN DYNAMICS: The statement of the linearized problem of the ocean climatic condition -- The simplest model of the stationary ocean currents -- The ocean dynamics model, taking into account the wind-driven currents -- The difference operators of the ocean dynamics problem and the methods of approximation -- The iterative processes for solving the ocean dynamics difference equations for the barotropic component -- The solution of the difference equations of the ocean dynamics baroclinic component -- The modified iterative process -- The simplest model of ocean dynamics, taking into account the non-linear turbulent exchange - The statement of several non-linear problems -- The problem of non-stationary adjustment of flow fields to atmospheric disturbances -- The formation of the thermocline in the ocean -- THE ANALYSIS OF THE RESULTS OF CALCULATIONS: On the results of diagnostic calculations of the currents in different oceanic basins -- The world ocean surface topography and the surface gradient currents -- The large-scale circulation and seasonal variation of the world ocean waters -- The hydrodynamic adjustment of the ocean temperature, salinity, density and flow fields -- The diagnostic calculations of flows and the adjustment of the hydrological elements of the north Atlantic -- The diagnostic calculations of flow in the equatorial belt of the ocean -- The calculation of flows in the black sea offshore zone.
- 0387189254 (U.S.)
- Includes index.
Translation of: Matematicheskie modeli t͡sirkuli͡at͡sii v okeane.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages -289.
View MARC record | catkey: 1320583