Educational Media and Technology Yearbook [electronic resource] : Volume 38 / edited by Michael Orey, Stephanie A. Jones, Robert Maribe Branch
- Orey, Michael
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 361 pages 17 illustrations, 11 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, Stephanie A., Branch, Robert Maribe, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Educational Media and Technology Yearbook, 8755-2094 ; 38
- I. Trends and Issues in Learning, Design, and Technology -- Introduction.- Issues and Trends in Instructional Technology: Maximizing Budgets and Minimizing Costs in Order to Provide Personalized Learning.- Expanding Repertoire of Teaching and Learning Practices in the Digital Culture.- Implementing Problem-Oriented Pedagogies In Engineering Education: Examination Of Tensions And Drivers.- Multimedia design and situational interest: A look at juxtaposition and measurement.- The Effects of Visual and Textual Annotations on Spanish Listening Comprehension, Incidental Vocabulary Acquisition and Cognitive Load -- II. Trends and Issues in Library and Information Science -- Introduction.- From Theory To Practice: An Examination of How School Librarians Implement Technology in Schools.- The Cultural Commons of Teen Literacy.- A Collaborative Approach To Digital Storytelling Projects.- III. Leadership Profiles -- Introduction.- Dr. Philip L. Doughty.- Tribute to David Jonassen, Curators’ Distinguished Professor of Education, University of Missouri -- IV. Organizations and Associations in North America -- Introduction.- Worldwide List of Graduate Programs in Learning, Design, Technology, Information or Libraries -- V. Graduate Programs -- Introduction.- Worldwide List of Graduate Programs in Learning, Design, Technology, Information or Libraries -- VI. Mediagraphy -- Introduction -- Mediagraphy -- Index.
- As digital devices play a more critical role in daily life than ever, more opportunities arise for innovative learning technologies—a trend on full display in the Educational Media and Technology Yearbook for 2013. This latest edition, volume 38, from the Association for Education, Communication, and Technology (AECT) notes the most current trends in the field of learning design and technology, taking into account the implications for both formal and informal learning. The majority of articles train their focus on graduate and professional goals, including an analysis of doctoral programs in educational technology and new collaborative learning platforms. Library science is a featured component of this analysis and Library Science programs are featured prominently in this analysis. Meadiagraphy and profiles of leaders in the field are also included.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13209015