Imaging with Electromagnetic Spectrum [electronic resource] : Applications in Food and Agriculture / edited by Annamalai Manickavasagan, Hemantha Jayasuriya
- Manickavasagan, Annamalai
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 204 pages 108 illustrations, 37 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Jayasuriya, Hemantha and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction to electromagnetic spectrum -- Gamma ray imaging -- X-Ray imaging -- Ultraviolet (UV) imaging -- Visible light imaging -- Near infrared imaging -- Mid and far infrared imaging.- Thermal infrared imaging -- Microwave imaging -- Radio frequency imaging.
- This book demonstrates how imaging techniques, applying different frequency bands from the electromagnetic spectrum, are used in scientific research. Illustrated with numerous examples this book is structured according to the different radiation bands: From Gamma-rays over UV and IR to radio frequencies. In order to ensure a clear understanding of the processing methodologies, the text is enriched with descriptions of how digital images are formed, acquired, processed and how to extract information from them. A special emphasis is given to the application of imaging techniques in food and agriculture research.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 13209731