Visual Computing [electronic resource] : Scientific Visualization and Imaging Systems / edited by Fabiana Rodrigues Leta
- Rodrigues Leta, Fabiana
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 254 pages 188 illustrations, 111 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- General concepts applied in simulations and image analysis -- Multidisciplinary Scientific Visualization in European R&D Projects -- A Distributed Architecture for Simulation Environments based on Game Engine Systems -- GIDE : Graphic Interface for Discrete Element -- Important Parameters for Digital Image Color Analysis: an Overview -- Medicine Applications -- An Automated System for 3D Segmentation of CT Angiograms -- Wavelet Compression/Reconstruction and Visualisation of Pulmonary X-Ray Images for Achieving of Asbestosis Infected Patients Data -- Materials Applications -- Strain measurement in an aluminium foam by means of Digital Image Correlation.
- This volume aims to stimulate discussions on research involving the use of data and digital images as an understanding approach for analysis and visualization of phenomena and experiments. The emphasis is put not only on graphically representing data as a way of increasing its visual analysis, but also on the imaging systems which contribute greatly to the comprehension of real cases. Scientific Visualization and Imaging Systems encompass multidisciplinary areas, with applications in many knowledge fields such as Engineering, Medicine, Material Science, Physics, Geology, Geographic Information Systems, among others. This book is a selection of 13 revised and extended research papers presented in the International Conference on Advanced Computational Engineering and Experimenting -ACE-X conferences 2010 (Paris), 2011 (Algarve), 2012 (Istanbul) and 2013 (Madrid). The examples were particularly chosen from materials research, medical applications, general concepts applied in simulations and image analysis and other interesting related problems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13209765