Automata, Languages, and Programming [electronic resource] : 41st International Colloquium, ICALP 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 8-11, 2014, Proceedings, Part I / edited by Javier Esparza, Pierre Fraigniaud, Thore Husfeldt, Elias Koutsoupias
- Esparza, Javier
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XXXIV, 1,090 pages 74 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Fraigniaud, Pierre, Husfeldt, Thore, Koutsoupias, Elias, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 8572
- Invited Talks -- Sporadic Solutions to Zero-One Exclusion Tasks -- Verifying and Synthesizing Software with Recursive Functions (Invited Contribution) -- Track A: Algorithms, Complexity, and Games Weak Parity -- Consequences of Faster Alignment of Sequences -- Distance Labels with Optimal Local Stretch -- Time-Expanded Packings -- Deterministic Rectangle Enclosure and Offline Dominance Reporting on the RAM -- The Tropical Shadow-Vertex Algorithm Solves Mean Payoff Games in Polynomial Time on Average -- Tighter Relations between Sensitivity and Other Complexity Measures -- On Hardness of Jumbled Indexing -- Morphing Planar Graph Drawings Optimally -- Incremental Algorithm for Maintaining DFS Tree for Undirected Graphs -- On the Role of Shared Randomness in Simultaneous Communication -- Short PCPs with Projection Queries -- Star Partitions of Perfect Graphs -- Coordination Mechanisms for Selfish Routing over Time on a Tree -- On Area-Optimal Planar Graph Drawings -- Shortest Two Disjoint Paths in Polynomial Time -- Listing Triangles -- On DNF Approximators for Monotone Boolean Functions -- Internal DLA: Efficient Simulation of a Physical Growth Model [Extended Abstract]. Lower Bounds for Approximate LDCs -- Holographic Algorithms Beyond Matchgates -- Testing Probability Distributions Underlying Aggregated Data -- Parallel Repetition of Entangled Games with Exponential Decay via the Superposed Information Cost -- The Bose-Hubbard Model is QMA-complete -- Characterization of Binary Constraint System Games -- Fast Algorithms for Constructing Maximum Entropy Summary Trees -- Thorp Shuffling, Butterflies, and Non-Markovian Couplings.-Dynamic Complexity of Directed Reachability and Other Problems -- One Tile to Rule Them All: Simulating Any Tile Assembly System with a Single Universal Tile -- Canadians Should Travel Randomly -- Efficiency Guarantees in Auctions with Budgets -- Parameterized Complexity of Bandwidth on Trees -- Testing Equivalence of Polynomials under Shifts -- Optimal Analysis of Best Fit Bin Packing -- Light Spanners.-Semi-Streaming Set Cover (Extended Abstract) -- Online Stochastic Reordering Buffer Scheduling -- Demand Queries with Preprocessing -- Algorithmic Aspects of Regular Graph Covers with Applications to Planar Graphs -- Public vs Private Coin in Bounded-Round Information -- En Route to the Log-Rank Conjecture: New Reductions and Equivalent Formulations -- Improved Submatrix Maximum Queries in Monge Matrices -- For-All Sparse Recovery in Near-Optimal Time -- Families with Infants: A General Approach to Solve Hard Partition Problems -- Changing Bases: Multistage Optimization for Matroids and Matchings -- Problems -- Nearly Linear-Time Model-Based Compressive Sensing -- Breaking the PPSZ Barrier for Unique 3-SAT -- Privately Solving Linear Programs -- How Unsplittable-Flow-Covering Helps Scheduling with Job-Dependent Cost Functions -- Why Some Heaps Support Constant-Amortized-Time Decrease-Key Operations, and Others Do Not -- Partial Garbling Schemes and Their Applications -- On the Complexity of Trial and Error for Constraint Satisfaction Problems -- Information Theoretical Cryptogenography -- The Complexity of Somewhat Approximation Resistant Predicates -- Approximate Nonnegative Rank Is Equivalent to the Smooth Rectangle Bound -- Distance Oracles for Time-Dependent Networks -- Efficient Indexing of Necklaces and Irreducible Polynomials over Finite Fields -- Coloring Relatives of Interval Overlap Graphs via On-line Games -- Superpolynomial Lower Bounds for General Homogeneous Depth 4 Arithmetic Circuits.-Testing Forest-Isomorphism in the Adjacency List Model -- Parameterized Approximation Schemes Using Graph Widths -- FPTAS for Weighted Fibonacci Gates and Its Applications -- Parameterized Algorithms to Preserve Connectivity -- Nonuniform Graph Partitioning with Unrelated Weights -- Precedence-Constrained Scheduling of Malleable Jobs with Preemption -- Unbounded Entanglement Can Be Needed to Achieve the Optimal Success Probability -- QCSP on Semicomplete Digraphs -- Fast Pseudorandomness for Independence and Load Balancing [Extended Abstract] -- Determining Majority in Networks with Local Interactions and Very Small Local Memory -- Lower Bounds for Oblivious Subspace Embedding -- Secure Computation Using Leaky Tokens -- An Improved Interactive Streaming Algorithm for the Distinct Elements Problem -- A Faster Parameterized Algorithm for Treedepth -- Pseudorandom Graphs in Data Structures -- Sampling-Based Proofs of Almost-Periodicity Results and Algorithmic Applications -- The Mondshein Sequence -- Balanced Allocations: A Simple Proof for the Heavily Loaded Case -- Close to Uniform Prime Number Generation with Fewer Random Bits -- Optimal Strong Parallel Repetition for Projection Games on Low Threshold Rank Graphs -- Sparser Random 3-SAT Refutation Algorithms and the Interpolation Problem (Extended Abstract) -- On Learning, Lower Bounds and (un)Keeping Promises -- Certificates in Data Structures -- Optimal Query Complexity for Estimating the Trace of a Matrix -- Faster Separators for Shallow Minor-Free Graphs via Dynamic Approximate Distance Oracles -- Spatial Mixing of Coloring Random Graphs.
- This two-volume set of LNCS 8572 and LNCS 8573 constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 41st International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, ICALP 2014, held in Copenhagen, Denmark, in July 2014. The total of 136 revised full papers presented together with 4 invited talks were carefully reviewed and selected from 484 submissions. The papers are organized in three tracks focussing on Algorithms, Complexity, and Games, Logic, Semantics, Automata, and Theory of Programming, Foundations of Networked Computation.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13209883