History of Philosophy in Australia and New Zealand [electronic resource] / edited by Graham Oppy, N.N. Trakakis
- Oppy, Graham
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 843 pages 2 illustrations eReference : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Trakakis, Nick and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Volume I: 1. Idealist Origins: 1920s and Before by Martin Davies and Stein Helgeby -- 2. John Anderson Arrives: 1930s by Mark Weblin -- 3. The Influence of Wittgenstein: 1940s by Graeme Marshall -- 4. Reconstruction and Enthusiasm by Brian F. Scarlett -- 5. Political Polarisation: 1960s by John Burnheim and Paul Crittenden -- 6. Turbulent Times: 1970s by Aubrey Townsend -- 7. Achievements of the 1980s by Lynda Burns -- 8. The Canberra Plan and the Diversification of Australasian Philosophy: 1990s by John Quilter -- 9. Philosophers in Schools: 2000s by Graham Oppy. Volume II: 10. From Conventionalism to Scientific Metaphysics by Brian Ellis -- 11. Metaphysics by John Bigelow -- 12. Epistemology by Stephen Hetherington -- 13. Philosophy of Language by Frederick Kroon; with Appendix: The University of Melbourne, Philosophy of Language, and the Oxford Connection by Denis Robinson -- 14. Philosophy of Religion in Australasia: Philosophy of Religion in Australia by Peter Forrest; and Philosophy of Religion in New Zealand by John Bishop & Ken Perszyk -- 15. Aesthetics and Philosophy of Music in Australasia: Aesthetics in Australasia: 1945-2005 by Ismay Barwell; and Philosophy of Music in Australasia by Justine Kingsbury -- 16. Moral Philosophy in Australasia by Justin Oakley -- 17. Environmental Philosophy by Freya Matthews -- 18. Feminist Philosophy by Catriona Mackenzie -- 19. Black Swan: A History of Continental Philosophy in Australia and New Zealand by Robert Sinnerbrink & Matheson Russell -- 20. Logic by Ross Brady & Chris Mortensen -- 21. History and Philosophy of Science by Brian Ellis, Rod Home, David Oldroyd, Robert Nola, Howard Sankey, Keith Hutchison, Neil Thomason, John Wilkins, John Forge, Philip Catton & Ruth Barton -- 22. Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science since 1980 by Elizabeth Schier & John Sutton. .
- The History of Philosophy in Australia and New Zealand is a comprehensive account of the historical development of philosophy in Australia and New Zealand, from the establishment of the first Philosophy Chair in Australasia in 1886 at the University of Melbourne to the current burgeoning of Australasian philosophy. The work is divided into two broad sections, the first providing an account of significant developments and events during various periods in the history of Australasian philosophy, and the second focusing on ideas and theories that have been influential in various disciplines within Australasian philosophy. The work consists of chapters contributed by various philosophers, on specific fields of inquiry or historical periods within Australasian philosophy.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210058