Developing a Virtue-Imbued Casuistry for Business Ethics [electronic resource] / by Martin Calkins
- Issues in Business Ethics, 0925-6733 ; 42
- Summary Abstract -- Overview -- Acknowledgements -- Introduction: Casuistry and Virtue in Business.- The Applied Principles Approach -- The Casuistic Approach -- The Plan -- Part 1: Casuistry and Business Cases.- Chapter 1: Casuistry’s Features and History -- Chapter 2: Casuistry Compared and Criticized -- Chapter 3: Casuistry and the Business Case Method -- Part 2: Virtue Ethics -- Chapter 4: Aristotle’s Virtue Ethics -- Chapter 5: Other Theories of Virtue -- Chapter 6: The Value of Virtue Ethics -- Part 3: The Beneficial Synergy of Casuistry and Virtue Ethics.- Chapter 7: The Synergy of Casuistry and Virtue Ethics -- Chapter 8: Applying the Casuistry/Virtue Ethics Synergy to Breaking the Ideological Stalemate Underlying Debates About the Genetic Modification of Foods -- Part 4: Select Business Ethics Issues.- Chapter 9: Pricing a Vaccine After a Terrorist Attack -- Chapter 10: Managing the Benefits and Risks of a New Medication .- Chapter 11: Data Ownership and the Internet .-Conclusion -- Index -- Bibliography -- Books and Book Sections.- Journal Articles.- Case and Case Materials -- Newspapers and Periodicals -- Internet Resources -- Conclusion -- Index -- Bibliography -- Books and Book Sections -- Journal Articles.- Case and Case Materials -- Newspapers and Periodicals -- Internet Resources.
- Casuistry, Virtue, and Business Ethics brings together three important processes for business ethics: casuistry, virtue ethics, and the business case method. In doing so, it considers the overlap and synergy of casuistry and virtue ethics, the similarities and differences of casuistry and the business case method, and the relationships between emerging and well-established cases. The goal of the book is twofold: to provide a distinctly practical method for moral decision-making within the context of business and to illustrate how contemporary vexing issues are similar to those of the past and how they might be resolved satisfactorily.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210080