Leo Esakia on Duality in Modal and Intuitionistic Logics [electronic resource] / edited by Guram Bezhanishvili
- Outstanding Contributions to Logic, 2211-2758 ; 4
- Preface -- Introduction -- Esakia’s Biography -- Canonical extensions, Esakia spaces, and universal models; Mai Gehrke -- Free modal algebras revisited: the step-by-step method; Nick Bezhanishvili, Silvio Ghilardi, and Mamuka Jibladze -- Easkia duality and its extensions; Sergio A. Celani and Ramon Jansana -- On the Blok-Esakia Theorem; Frank Wolter and Michael Zakharyaschev -- Modal logic and the Vietoris functor; Yde Venema and Jacob Vosmaer -- Logic KM: A Biography; Alexei Muravitsky -- Constructive modalities with provability smack; Tadeusz Litak -- Cantor-Bendixson properties of the assembly of a frame; Harold Simmons -- Topological interpretations of provability logic; Lev Beklemishev and David Gabelaia -- Derivational modal logics with the difference modality; Andrey Kudinov and Valentin Shehtman -- Esakia’s Bibliography.
- This volume is dedicated to Leo Esakia's contributions to the theory of modal and intuitionistic systems. Consisting of 10 chapters, written by leading experts, this volume discusses Esakia’s original contributions and consequent developments that have helped to shape duality theory for modal and intuitionistic logics, and to utilize it to obtain some major results in the area. Beginning with a chapter which explores Esakia duality for S4-algebras, the volume goes on to explore Esakia duality for Heyting algebras and its generalizations to weak Heyting algebras and implicative semilattices. The book also dives into the Blok-Esakia theorem and provides an outline of the intuitionistic modal logic KM which is closely related to the Gödel-Löb provability logic GL. One chapter scrutinizes Esakia’s work interpreting modal diamond as the derivative of a topological space within the setting of point-free topology. The final chapter in the volume is dedicated to the derivational semantics of modal logic and other related issues.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210100