Tropical Natural Fibre Composites [electronic resource] : Properties, Manufacture and Applications / by Mohd Sapuan Salit
- Engineering Materials, 1612-1317
- 1 Introduction -- 2 Tropical Natural Fibres and Their Properties -- 3 Biopolymer -- 4 Mechanical and Other Related Properties of Tropical Natural Fibre Composites -- 5 Design and Materials Selection of Tropical Natural Fibre composites -- 6 Manufacturing Techniques of Tropical Natural Fibre Composites -- 7 Applications of Tropical Natural Fibre Composites.
- This book covers the different aspects of tropical natural fibre composites in areas such as properties, design and analysis, manufacturing techniques, material selection of kenaf, oil palm, sugar palm, pineapple leaf, coconut, sugarcane and banana based fibre composites. Important properties such as mechanical and thermal of natural fibres as well their composites are presented. A study on the composite fibre-matrix interface is highlighted together with the design process and analysis of products from natural fibre composites. An overview on the manufacturing techniques (conventionally used to produce fibre glass fibre composites) such as pultrusion and filament winding is described to produce natural fibre composites. The importance of material selection system to obtain the most optimum materials for application in engineering components from natural fibre composites is covered with a strong focus on the concurrent engineering for natural fibre composites.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210235