Miss Hill [videorecording] : making dance matter / MHDF presents; a Martha Hill Documentary production ; director, Greg Vander Veer
- Additional Titles:
- Making dance matter
- New York, N.Y. : First Run Features, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (80 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Vander Veer, Greg, Da Prato, Elisa, Buntaine, Peter Eliot, Ghys, Florent, Scott, Vernon, Martha Hill Documentary Production, LLC, and First-Run Features (Firm)
- "Miss Hill: Making Dance Matter tells the inspiring and largely unknown story of a woman whose life was defined by her love for dance. Martha Hill emerges as dance's secret weapon, someone who fought against great odds to establish dance as a legitimate art form in America. Through archival footage, lively interviews with friends and intimates, and rare footage of the spirited subject, the film explores Hills's arduous path from a Bible Belt childhood in Ohio to the halls of academe at NYU and Bennington College to a position of power and influence as Juilliard's founding director of dance (1952-1985)" -- www.firstrunfeatures.com
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives. and "Educational/Non-theatrical version" --Container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Elisa Da Prato ; cinematographer, Peter Eliot Buntaine ; music, Florent Ghys ; coordinating producer, Vernon Scott.
- Technical Details:
- DVD-R, Dolby Digital.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210329