They didn't teach me that. 8, Time management [electronic resource] / produced by Brook Lapping Productions, in They Didn't Teach Me That
- Additional Titles:
- They didn't teach me that : time management
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Franks, Jim, Dixon, Will, and Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video, volume 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Miranda Krestovnikoff seeks out some time-saving ideas for a primary NQT in Corby. Vicky Anyan says she's struggling to find the time to organise her wedding. First, Miranda visits a head teacher in Lancashire, who's renowned for shooing his staff off site at 5 o'clock to ensure they have a good work-life balance. He advises plenty of sleep and exercise, and working smarter not harder. Then, she meets supermum of seven Jacqui Jackson, who, as well as looking after her children, is studying for a PhD. She stresses the importance of knowing what kind of person you are and avoiding setting yourself tasks that are out of character. Lastly, Miranda visits Hazel Bennett, author of 'The Ultimate Teachers Handbook'. She explains that while Vicky's regime is common amongst teachers in their first year, it's unsustainable. Her advice is for Vicky to give herself a cut-off point in the day and to prioritise carefully. Will this advice give Vicky the time to make her special day run smoothly?
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 9, 2014). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Education in Video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210489