Teaching with Bayley. 2, Points mean prizes [electronic resource] / produced by Evans Woolfe, in Teaching With Bayley
- Additional Titles:
- Teaching with Bayley : points mean prizes
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (16 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Evans Woolfe (Firm)
- Education in video, volume 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Ever heard of the Star Game, Pass the Envelope, or Spanish Catch? Until he spent a frenetic day at Hove Park School with Mirella Jerez-Rios, the SE winner of the 2005 Outstanding New Teacher Award, John Bayley hadn't either. Dividing her classes into competing teams, where points mean prizes, Mirella harnesses her students' competitive spirit to enthuse them into learning and practising their Spanish without them realising they are being taught. First John observes her teach a small Year 11 class and then a Year 10 revision class. They may object at 'revision again', but revision Mirella-style is anything but mundane. An expert at making the most creative use out of simple resources, Mirella reinforces their learning through a varied series of games and activities, making one powerpoint slide and a page of a text book the jumping off point for a diverse, energetic, and challenging double lesson.
- Audience Notes:
- For Secondary School audiences.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 9, 2014). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Education in Video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 13210506