Contemporary cinema of Africa and the diaspora / Anjali Prabhu
- Prabhu, Anjali
- Chichester, West Sussex : Wiley Blackwell, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- x, 261 pages, 12 unnumbered pages of plates ; 25 cm
- Chapter 1. Africa Watch: Parameters and Contexts -- PART I: SPACE. Chapter 2. The Postcolonial City: Education of the Spectator in Harrikrisna Anenden's The Cathedral -- Chapter 3. Framing the City: Africanizing Viewer and Viewed through Angle, Distance, Genre, and Movement -- PART II: CHARACTER. Chapter 4. Models of African Femininity -- Chapter 5. African Masculinity: "We Don't Need Another Hero" -- Chapter 6. Revolutionary Personhood: Revolutionize the Spectator, or Stop, Thief! -- PART III: NARRATIVE. Chapter 7. Documentary Film: Situating a Style -- Chapter 8. African Narration: Narration of Africa -- Chapter 9. Jean-Marie Teno: Creating an African Repertoire -- Chapter 10. Conclusion: Inside/Outside or How to Make a Film About Africa Today.
- "Focuses on art house cinema and discusses commercial African cinema"--
- 9781405193047 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13214631